Nostalgia Classic Cars is happy to offer you a very well kept, convertible Mercedes SL600 1998 with automatic transmission and 106,900 original kilometers.
The Mercedes-Benz R129 SL roadsters were produced from 1989 through 2002. The R129 replaced the R107 in 1989 and was in its turn replaced by the R230 SL-Class in 2002 for the 2003 model year.
The R129 was produced as a two-door roadster with an automated (electro-hydraulic) textile tonneau cover. All R129s came standard with an detachable hardtop that could fitted by folding the canvas roof down and manually attaching it.
A second facelift occurred in 1998 for model year 1999 which featured:
- V8 engine switch from M119 to M113
- Soft Nappa leather seats replace the perforated leather seats
- Body colour door handles
- Tail lights with curved faces replacing the classic square stepped lights
- 17-inch wheels standard: Wheels are now 8.25 x 17" with 245/45ZR17 tires. Sport package is 8" (front) and 9" (rear) x 18" with 245/40 and 275/35 tires respectively.
- Fiber-Optic digital audio links to the CD player instead of analogue copper
- One-touch starting- called "Tip-start". Once the key is turned, the engine cranks on its own until it catches and starts.
- Instrument cluster now has silver rings around each gauge
- Oil pressure gauge replaced by oil temperature